WINES OF THE MONTH
53. . PINOT GRIGIO PONTE DEL DIAVALO, FRUILI, 2018 £25.95
Much Pinot Grigio has a much character as a grey traffic cone on a drizzly day. This is from Friuli in the very east of Italy where the wines have great depth and body. Fresh and lemony it will match delicate fish dishes well – try it with the insalata di mare, dover sole or crab salad/ 12.5% alcohol
54. SOAVE, CAMPO DI TOVI, INAMA, 2017 £32.95
Stefano Inama gets more flavour into his Soave than any other grower we know. Rich but unwooded thjs has the body to cope with rich shellfish dishes like the lobster linguine, champignon Rochelle and scallop risotto, yet is just 12% alcohol. Very highly recommended
55. MACABEO/SAUVIGNON BLANC, FUENTESECA, (ORGANIC) 2018 £25.95
This is a lovely fresh zesty white from southern Spain. Made from organically grown grapes with are fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks, it has peachy citrus notes with a crisp clean finish. Try it with some simply grilled fish, the chillied squid or the veal. 12% alcohol
56. VALPOLICELLA, TORRE DEL FALASCO, 2017 £26.95
Visit the hills of Valpolicella in April/May and you will see a mass of cherry blossom and black cherry is the most obvious tasting note in this lip-smacking juicy red. Try it with meaty pasta dishes, veal or chicken. 12.5% alcohol
57. BARBERA D’ASTI, CEPPI STORICI, 2015 £25.95
Made from 40 year old vines grown south of Asti, this is a lovely autumnal red with juicy blueberry and plum flavours with meaty spicy notes. Great for cutting through rich meaty dishes like the beef barolo or italiana. 14.5% alcohol
58. YALUMBA, THE SCRIBBLER, CABERNAZ, BAROSSA VALLEY, 2014 £34.95
One of the most iconic red wines in Australia is Yalumba’s The Signature, but ut nedds years to be approachable, costs a lot and is in short supply. The Scribbler is an early drinking version at a fraction of the cost and is of astonishing quality. Rich but mellow with black fruit and a hint of vanillan oak, it is the perfect red with a simply grilled steak. 13.5% alcohol
VINO DELLA CASA
CA`DI PONTI, SICILIA - £23.95 (bottle) - £8.95 (250ml) - £5.75 (175ml)
Dry, fruity white wine
VOUVRAY CHATEAU DE VALMER - £26.50 (botltle) - £9.85 (250 ml) -£6.90 (175ml)
Medium white wine
SAUVIGNON BLANC, TRENTINO - £26.50 (bottle) - £9.85 (250ml) - £6.90 (175ml)
Fresh crisp unoaked sauvignon from the mountains of northern Italy.
PINOT GRIGIO ROSÉ - £23.95 (bottle) - £8.95 (250ml) - £5.75(175ml)
Medium dry rosé from Veneto
SANGIOVESE DI PUGLIA - £23.95 (bottle) - £8.95 (250ml) - £5.75 (175ml)
Medium bodied red wine
UMORE NERO PINOT NOIR - £27.50 (bottle) - £9.85 (250ml) - £6.90 (175ml)
Seductive unoaked pinot noir with perfumed red-fruit to the fore.
Prices by the bottle, unless otherwise stated
1.LANGHE CHARDONNAY, MARCHESI DI GRESY, 2015 - £55.00
A blend of sauvignon blanc and chardonnay with local grapes ribolla gialla, malvasia istriana and picolit added. straw yellow, full bodied with delicated flavours of honey and wild flowers. perfect with rich fish dishes
2. SOAVE CLASSICO, PRA 2015 - £28.95
Un-oaked, with a floral, fruity aroma. Perfect with pasta, risotto, fish and white meat
3. PLANETA LA SEGRETA BIANCO IGT 2015 - £25.50
Slight greenish reflections in a clear yellow large, exuberant olfactory Impact. Citrus, pineapple and white peach aromas. Great balance betweeb acidity, flavor and volume, never excessive.Fresh and balanced. Full and aromatic finish.
4. LUGANA CA DEI FRATI 2015 - £34.90
From the shores of Lake Garda made in a former monastery. Dry, delicate with hints of greengage. Why not make a habit of it?
5. REGALEALI BIANCO 2015 - £37.50
A wine from Sicily, distinctive flavour, aromatic and lovable
6. FRASCATI SUPERIORE, SANTA TERESA 2015 - £29.95
Golden coloured wine from a single vineyard in the southern hills of Rome. Dry, with a touch of arrogance.
7. PINOT GRIGIO, PIGHIN 2014 - £33.00
A straw coloured dry wine with a considerable body and a delicate bouquet
8. VERNACCIA DI SAN GIMIGNANO, FALCHINI 2015 - £29.50
You can smell the sun-soaked hills of Tuscany in this crisp, dry and fruity white wine
9. GAVI “LA ZERBA”, TERRAROSSA, 2015 - £31.50
gavi makes a refreshingly pure, spring-blossom scented dry white that is ideally suited to seafood dishes.is drinking well now.
10. LANCHE SAVIGNON BLANK, MARCHESE DI GRECY 2017 £55.00
ITALIANI ROSSI & ROSATI
Prices by the bottle, unless otherwise stated
11. VALPOLICELLA CLASSICO, ALLEGRINI 2012 - £29.95
Deliciously youthful quaff, full of exuberant juicy fruit
12. MONTEPULCIANO D’ABRUZZO JORIO 2013 - £32.95
Deep ruby red, full bodied and mouth filling with a long finish. Single vineyard, one of Italy’s best-known wines
13. ROSATO ALPHA ZETA 2015 - £19.95
Crisp, fruity, dry rosé from the land of Romeo and Juliet
14. CHIANTI CLASSICO, LA ALAILA, 2014 - £17.00 (half bottle) - £33.95
A Real Classic Chianti from one of the best producer of the area.
15. BRUSCO DEI BARBI, MONTALCINO, 2014 - £31.80
Made from Brunello grapes but in a soft early- drinking fruity style great with veal or chiken dishes
16. PLANETA LA SEGRETA ROSSO 2014 (Sicily) - £27.95
Full bodied wine made from the Nero D’Avola grape blended with Syrah and Merlot
17. ALGODON BONARDA 2017 - £31.50
San Rafael is synonymous with bonarda, Italian grape that has finally found its home. This is a wine intense fruit wich is brought out trough aging in America oak.
18. BAROLO PATRIZI 2012 - £45.00
The pride of Piedmont; young but drinking well right now!
19. AMARONE VILLA BORGHETTI 2012 - £59.00
Beautifully rounded, rich and pruney, ‘very alcoholic’
20. VINO NOBILE DI MONTEPULCIANO 2013 - £44.85
One of Tuscany’s top wines, made from the same grape as Chianti but in the Noble hills of Montepulciano. Rich but elegant
21. BRUNELLO DI MONTALCINO, POGGIO SAN POLO, 2012- £85.00
Made from the Sangiovese grape, this is a rich serious red
Wine vintages are checked and revised monthly, but occasional variations may occur.